Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Review -- DELHI 2 DUBLIN -- Delhi 2 Dublin: Remix

DELHI 2 DUBLIN: REMIX
Delhi 2 Dublin
Indie
9-out-of-10

There was a night where I was flipping through the television channels looking for something worthwhile to watch, something which at times seems near impossible, at least when dealing with network fare.
This night though I happened upon a channel showing a music concert, and fate made me stop flicking channels long enough to listen. There was only one word for my reaction to the music — Wow!
The sound was one which I would not have imagined as working, combining East Indian and Celtic styles into a single cohesive sound.
However Delhi 2 Dublin pulls the two diverse musical cultures together into a seamless sound which is quite frankly amazing.
On their Remix album Dil Nachde is the song I think best shows just how well the band is at combining the cultures. There are times in the song that you swear it’s a full on East Indian piece, and others where the familiar Celtic beat takes over.
And then there are times where one culture takes the lead, with the sound overlaying the other. It is at these moments you feel totally immersed in something new.
For those unfamiliar with the band, and I suggest you make them a priority to get to know real fast, their website at www.delhi2dublin.com explains their sound rather thoroughly. “Vancouver-based Delhi 2 Dublin is a group of five musicians who mash up electronica and world music, keeping it heavy on the Bhangra, Celtic and Dub flavours. Fusing tabla, fiddle, dhol, Punjabi vocals, and electric sitar with scorching electronic beats, the crew takes listeners on a wild ride through global sounds and synchronicities.”
Yes, I know reading the description makes you wonder how it can all come together, but I assure it does.
This is a band with a unique sound, and that is rare enough these days to make me recommend them. But it goes further here. Not only is the sound unique, but it’s a great sound, with a strong heart beat. Very highly recommended.
— CALVIN DANIELS

-- Review first appeared in Yorkton This Week newspaper Jan 27, 2010 - Yorkton, SK. Canada

5 comments:

オテモヤン said...

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

Anonymous said...

Digital memory,to me, is something that I seem to be unable to ever have enough of. It feels like megabytes and gigabytes have become a permanent part of my day to day existence. Ever since I bought a Micro SD Card for my Nintendo DS flash card, I've been constantly vigilant for large memory at cheap prices. It's driving me crazy.

(Submitted using OperaMod for R4i Nintendo DS.)

Shantz said...

Hi there,

I saw through my cousin's Facebook profile that you are in search of a female writer; I write extensively ... without an audience to receive it! Hah.

If you still need a writer, I am available and eager to learn from one who is much more experienced and capable than I!

chanteleg37@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

i definitely adore your own writing taste, very interesting.
don't quit and also keep writing mainly because it simply just very well worth to look through it,
excited to look at much more of your current well written articles, goodbye!

Anonymous said...

Hello i found a trully great site. I could watch my favourite movie for free at http://freemoviesplace.info